Welcome to Doing It Right...

 Hello, and welcome to Doing It Right. I've been thinking about doing this blog for a very long time, but up until today, was posting my thoughts on Facebook because it was convenient. 
Today, I woke up to find that I had been "restricted" from posting on Facebook for the next three days. Apparently, I've violated their community standards - but they didn't tell me how, or when. In fact, it appears that I may be being punished for stuff I did months and years ago. 
Naturally, this has nothing to do with the fact I'm an unrepentant conservative, does it?
So I will no longer be posting politically on Facebook. I need the exposure FB gives me for business purposes. I wish that weren't so, and I'm looking for ways to leave Facebook completely. Art Garfunkel addressed this concept in his song, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. I'm sure we all know the words....

"Just put out the post, Yost. Post a new plan, Stan. 
You don't need to be gui, Louis. Just get it online."


So from today forward, I'll post to this blog address, and keep FB from interfering with my right to say what I think. I'll use FB to notify people of new posts here until such time as everyone is familiar with this new format.
And since this isn't Facebook and I won't have to put up with their rules about commenting, I'll be able to be a lot more forthright in my opinions. Buckle your seat belts, it's going to be quite a ride.
A couple of thoughts before we roll out here. Comments are invited and encouraged. Memes are not, unless they are really, really good. Not so good ones will be removed. 
Comments must be respectful of others. If you must deride someone, then do it in the Churchillian fashion. A good example is what Churchill said to Bessie Braddock -
Bessie - Winston, you are drunk. 
Winston - My dear, you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.

 That kind of thought put into an insult is acceptable, but calling someone 'stupid', 'dumb' or a 'dumbocrat' isn't going to cut it here. If you're going to be rude, at least be creative about it! Anyone can use the 'f' word, be better than that.

When you post - take the time to check your facts. Google is your friend, now get close and cuddly with it. It's been my experience that conservatives tend to be less gullible about political news, since so much of what we see and read is 'fake news'. We tend to check sources more frequently - but it won't hurt you to do even more of it. It's a lot easier to be right the first time, rather than find yourself covering your backside because you got it wrong. Trust me on this, I speak from experience.
Cite sources. It not only strengthens your argument, it gives liberals something to think about and we know they need the practice.
To my liberal readers - you're welcome here, and remember, this is a right wing site. You're probably going to read things you virulently disagree with. I guarantee you, you will read things here that your favoured media don't publish, that they ignore outright. That doesn't make them false - what it means is that you haven't bothered to properly inform yourself.
Now, a couple of provisos regarding commenting. Be respectful of others. No memes, which you folks seem to be fond of. All memes tell me is that you don't have the intelligence to make your own arguments. I want to hear what you think, not some clever person who has created a meme which is likely deceptive anyway. If you make a claim, be prepared to prove it to everyone, same as I ask of all my readers.
Trolling, or spam, from anyone will mean being banned.
I invite everyone, right or left, to submit your own thoughts to be published here as a guest post. I'll probably try to put out one guest post per week. Note that I will edit it just as I once did as a newspaper publisher, so if you have an issue with someone messing with your pristine words of wisdom, well - you've got a problem, because that's what editors do to keep the quality of a publication up. Most people do not write nearly as good [sic] as they think they do.
That's it for now. You might want to check back to this post from time to time as I will probably change things up as we move along to make this a better place to hang out.
If you have suggestions on how to improve this blog, or features you'd like to see, note them in the comment section below. Comments are moderated, so please think before you hit enter.
Now - let's start Doing it Right...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coronavirus Isn’t the Only Sickness in America Today

Mass Psychotic Formation - We've Talked About That

Been a While...Things are a Mess, Aren't They?